Friday, February 13, 2009

and one more for Friday


This was slightly inspired by the non-canon letters.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I think Dee is onto something about her work not being appreciated; but I don't think it's at the pharmacy. Man, I hope this is the start of her putting the pieces together...

DreadedCandiru2 said...

I have to agree with you there; Dee's professional life is both useful and appreciated and. It's her home life with an unappreciative thirty-three year old idiot man-child that's the source of her feelings of inadequacy; as soon as she realizes this, the better off she and her kids will be. (Since Mike is beyond human aid, we can safely write him off.)

Scritzy said...

Everyone needs to figure out what is making her/him unhappy. Sometimes it takes a while.

It may take Dee longer than it would normally because she's been in denial for so long.

Anonymous said...

I feel for Dee here, I think her ambivalence towards both her job and her sewing hobby is pretty understandable. She isn't particularly excited about any part of her life, but she doesn't know how to fix it.

CrackerLilo said...

Uh-oh, she's thinking! Better cowboy up for once, Mike! :-)

Pharmgirl said...

Just a suggestion: I know first-hand that retail pharmacy can be frustrating and thankless - just look at all the angry retail pharmacist blogs out there! Maybe somebody could suggest to Dee that she'd have a little less stress if she worked as a pharmacist at hospital - docs take you seriously (usually) and there's more positive patient contact. (And in the US, no insurance companies... although being Canadian, Dee wouldn't deal with them anyway.)

Also, I've really been enjoying this strip, much more than the originals. Keep up the good work!

John F Jamele said...

I agree with KAfree and DreadedCandiru etc., Dee thinks that she's unhappy because of her job, but she's just experiencing a level of denial here-- her real problem is that she's being mistreated at home. I sure hope this leads to her leaving Mike.

John C. Hathaway said...

I'm lost on what the last panel means.

InsertMonikerHere said...

The pharmacy got a bit disorganized about its prescription fraud checking, and Deanna made one of the notable mistakes which led to a more centralized system. She checked up 3 times on the same patient, asking doctors whether the prescriptions were legit, because the patient was getting medication prescribed by several doctors at the same time.

John C. Hathaway said...

OK. That makes more sense.
So, just FMI, is it uncommon in the Canadian system for different doctors to prescribe meds?

Or is it something like where my daughter, who has both ADHD and a heart condition, could have her Atenolol prescribed by her cardiologist, pediatrician and/or psychiatrist?

InsertMonikerHere said...

JCH I honestly don't know how common it would be, but one of those letters harped on about pharmacists hunting down the med-seeking con artists, so I wanted to give it a little twist, with Dee's pharmacy (and her work) not always being super-perfect.

I expect multiple specialists would prescribe different drugs, and the main concern there would be interaction issues. But even if it were uncommon, checking three times sounds like Dee managed to completely forget she'd cleared the guy before.