Monday, February 2, 2009

New year's Eve 2009

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the Liz that I grew up alongside, whose actions actually mirrored my own until the moment she grabbed the computer monitor yelling, "WAIT!" It's nice seeing her be realistic about the entire thing, though the Liz/Paul shipper that has been there all along hopes that maybe one day Paul will change his mind.

Liz and Paul, the FOOB version of Carrie and Big. ;)

DreadedCandiru2 said...

Megs,

This is the Liz that I grew up alongside, whose actions actually mirrored my own until the moment she grabbed the computer monitor yelling, "WAIT!"

It's too bad that she can't be accompanied by the Mike I cheered one at one point. She might have returned to being the sort-of-passive but self-aware woman she used to be but Mike seems too far gone down the path of asshattery. That's sad because he finally seemed to have outgrown being a sullen doorknob.

InsertMonikerHere said...

Well, it is a salvage exercise, but considering that it took, oh, 30-odd strips, chewings-out by her fiance's ex (by proxy) and her good friend Candace the psych, a ruined heirloom dress and a runaway sister to drag Liz from automaton back to a semblance of free will, and she was not nearly as far gone as Mike, well, I'm not sure how much I can honestly do with him.

Destroyer of Worlds said...

Heh, love the 2010 glasses and the way the manufacturers manage to make them into glasses anyway!

I am glad that Liz is having fun with other guys and not being serious instead of pining away for Paul. I'm still rooting for the two of them to get together anyway, though! But I like seeing Liz grow into her own woman better.

One minor nitpick, I was confused by Liz and Mel's speech bubbles in the second panel on the bottom, so I thought Mel was saying Liz's words and vice-versa. It's hard to switch positions in speech bubbling, but I can understand...it's hard making sure you have room for the words AFTER you draw the picture!

InsertMonikerHere said...

DoW yeah, I noticed the speech bubbles weren't coming together quite right ... after penning in words and inking outlines. Something I have to keep a bit better eye out for.

Scritzy said...

On New Year's Eve, spouse said, "What are they going to do next year about the New Year's glasses, now that the Ohs will be over?" I said, "It's 2010, there will still be room for two 'zero' lenses."

Great minds and all that. ;)

Keep up the good work! I always rejoice to see a new installment.

Cedar said...

I like that Liz still has an eye toward marriage, and still dates. I feel like the temptation to make her super-independent and strong is overwhelming, but it would be out of character to do so. You haven't make her into a Mary Sue, but just tweaked the character make into someone recognizable.