Well, it's like I thought; Greg told her that there was no way she could have seen how badly off Elly was given how well the Pattersons hid her depression. And it's good to see that Connie knows the Pattersons for the mildly hypocritical people they are; acknoweldging that truth will help her endure Elly's refusal to see the obvious.
I also like how even now Elly doesn't see Anthony for what he is; John might have started to ask himself some difficult questions just now but she's not at that stage yet.
I like this. I can totally imagine the friend/neighbor's conversation about Elly going down like this, plus you snuck in a nice reminder that Elly's not always *completely* wrong. You make the Pattersons and the people around them so wonderfully human.
I really like this conversation. It's nice to see Connie acknowledging that they botched their reaction to Lawrence's coming out. The strip kind of glossed over that with her "que sera sera" stuff, way back when.
And I also like the comment on "preach" vs. "practice." :)
5 comments:
Well, it's like I thought; Greg told her that there was no way she could have seen how badly off Elly was given how well the Pattersons hid her depression. And it's good to see that Connie knows the Pattersons for the mildly hypocritical people they are; acknoweldging that truth will help her endure Elly's refusal to see the obvious.
I also like how even now Elly doesn't see Anthony for what he is; John might have started to ask himself some difficult questions just now but she's not at that stage yet.
BAHAHAHAHAH! That last line is perfect!
I like this. I can totally imagine the friend/neighbor's conversation about Elly going down like this, plus you snuck in a nice reminder that Elly's not always *completely* wrong. You make the Pattersons and the people around them so wonderfully human.
I really like this conversation. It's nice to see Connie acknowledging that they botched their reaction to Lawrence's coming out. The strip kind of glossed over that with her "que sera sera" stuff, way back when.
And I also like the comment on "preach" vs. "practice." :)
You are doing some great stuff here! I look forward to seeing your new strips.
And trust me, it's been a looooooooong time since I said that about any comic, much less what FBOFW morphed into.
Post a Comment