Not much to add. I don't know how much the economy will have recovered by 2009, but if Therese's vague "finances" job is at least not with a company that owns a fund, they might still be in business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
6 comments:
Ah, well. Her life may not be glamorous but at least she has something to look forward to; that's more than Anthony can say. He'll be in the same damned spot when Francoise is picking out universities.
what are caroling charades??
Therese gets Francoise for six months. And the peasants rejoiced. *G* I did a loud mental cheer when I read that. I absolutely want to see/hear how Anthony reacts to not having Francie there.
@DreadCandiru2: I don't know if Therese ever wanted glamour so much as a job working in business. Sadly, you're right about Anthony. He has his dancing and the astronomy club but those were only ever mentioned in passing so who knows how much of a life he has outside work and being Francie's Daddy.
Mary Ellen The concept came to mind, but I'm not 100% sure how it works. I think Julia's family is fun to be around.
Did Therese want a glamorous life? Or did she want one that was interesting and challenging? I think it more likely that Anthony saw Therese as glamorous, and interpreted her desire for an interesting life in those terms.
Jana C.H.
Seattle
Saith JcH: Do whatever you like with Wagner, but mess with Gilbert and Sullivan and you die!
Jana_C.H.,
I think it more likely that Anthony saw Therese as glamorous, and interpreted her desire for an interesting life in those terms.
Probably. The idea of doing something she loved instead of something she had to do seemed exotic and romantic to the little drone. God knows having to do what he wanted goes against everything he is. He wouldn't be safe in pre-breakdown Elly's eyes if he were happy about what he did.
Post a Comment