I'm at the start of the end-of-semester madness. It's possible that drawing will be the only thing that keeps me sane, so there may be updates on the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
6 comments:
Of course ParadiseJohn doesn't see any connection between Anthony's presence and Elly's insanity; to do that, he'd have to see the man for what he is. He isn't going to do that unless he's forced to -- which is, I believe, the point of this. The only thing that bothers me is that when people who fall for the old okeydoke like Train Man did realize they've pledged their allegiance to a creep, they tend to over-react and call the all-too-human tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt "reckless naievete".
Paint shirts. ::snerk:: Now, if only Connie would walk by.
howard, I am trying to incorporate the new-runs (especially the interpolated stuff) in Elly's "moments"; how else am I going to make sense of them? :-)
I debated writing this, since it falls under the "Things Never Discussed" header much of the time, but my mother had a psychotic/break-from-reality episode a bit like this a few years ago (she's much better now). I don't know if you've gone through something like this as well, but these strips ring so true to life, especially the "watching like a hawk." (and, unfortunately, the blaming) I was never a big FBoFW fan, but I've been reading Foob's Paradise religiously because it's so entertaining (and the art's terrific) but also because, even if it's fictional, it helps.
I really do feel bad for Elly -- she must know, on some level, she's being talked about behind her back. How excruciating.
Dee, while my family hasn't had perfect mental health, we haven't had direct experience with a break from reality like this. Glad to hear that your mother recovered, and I apologize in advance for when my teeny-tiny bits of research might be inadequate.
Post a Comment