Monday, December 8, 2008

24 Dec 2009: Not that I've forgotten about Wilf & Jim...

All this stuff has been going on over a period of a couple of hours - the Sobinskis were there while the turkey was being prepped, so at least a few hours before dinner. Much coffee should be being drunk, many cookies being eaten (and let's not forget the zucchini bread!), as well as cards being played. Along with Merrie and Robin playing or reading/ being read to. But because those things don't advance the "deal with the Christmas From Heck" story, they only get to be implied or happen in the background. So I put Merrie and Robin in the foreground to show some of what they're up to.

And I finally blocked out how the events which must still happen will make it into strips ... I think I actually will get through this comic-strip day before 24 Dec 2008 rolls around :-)

5 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

Poor John. He wants so much to avoid a great big scene over the Holidays. Too bad his hopes will be dashed so cruelly; someone's in for a scraping before this is over.

InsertMonikerHere said...

DC2 Note that he said "if". He'd love to never have to deal with Mike.

ParadiseJohn steps up when absolutely necessary, but I haven't established how much non-immediate-crisis stuff he can sweep under the rug. Good thing Wilfred and Jim are on his case.

DreadedCandiru2 said...

I don't blame him; as long as Mike doesn't do anything to set Elly off, I wouldn't call him on his bullshit unless I had to. Too bad that he has no frigging choice.

FDChief said...

Other than the usual enjoyment I get from following the main story, I wanted to single out the wonderful work you did with Robin and Merrie. Terrific expressions, and you got the difference between four and six (I'm guessing here - maybe more like five and eight?) perfectly; "You're not even trying."

Outstanding.

InsertMonikerHere said...

FDchief, Thanks! If I have the birthdays right, Merrie is 7 and Robin turned 5 in the fall.