
Yeah, I know, that is the world's worst drawing of a walker.Anyhow, Foob's Paradise goes on hiatus for my Christmas break, where I head back north of the 49th into the frozen tundra :-) It'll pick up again in the new year.
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
13 comments:
My thoughts:
-I'm glad that Deanna's starting to show a bit of a backbone; it's time she told Mike to shut his fat yap for their children's sake.
-It's kind of too bad that John had to have it rubbed in his face that Liz thinks that Milborough is where she came from instead of where she belongs. I guess he now knows how his parents felt when he told them much the same thing.à
- I'm not sure how I feel about the injoke about ARB.
- Mira is still a well-meaning rhino.
DC2, Liz has to start verbalizing some things or she's going to end up another passive-aggressive Patterson...
As for the blog, well, Foob of Destiny recognized it, and it's *such* a normal thing for a teen to have been doing, so I wanted to acknowledge it, too.
Liz has to start verbalizing some things or she's going to end up another passive-aggressive Patterson...
I don't mind Liz really being a shoot-from-the-hip, get-it-done person for that reason. As for the reference to ARB, I should have remembered the FOOBAR post that discussed it.
BTW, Merry Christmas.
Joyeux Noel, too, dreadedcandiru2
Awww...you are gonna be missed. Have yourself a Joyous Yule and Happy New Year!
I'm not sure how I feel about the injoke about ARB.
I found it amusing. ^^
My 2 cents: ARB has ben a bit of a conundrum to me. How much of it is intended as parody, and how much is fanfic via blogging? I'm not quite sure.
While I like what ARB actually has to SAY, and it's full of great POV description and insight, IMO it's also been running rather over-the-top in its excessive use of "texting/chat-speak" and made- up spellings. In this regard, it reads to me like it was intended as a parody of a teenager's blog.
The teens whose blogs I read normally don't go anywhere that far; it's usually a certain set of words, either humorously intended or mostly shorter chat-spellings to speed up typing time.
However, I'm also thinking that possibly ARB uses excessive inventive spelling to keep dimwitted types like Elly and Mike from actually being able to read it.... ^^
well, Foob's Paradise-April doesn't have to have blogged *precisely* the ARB pre-settlocalypse. But I think she would have done something similar :)
... and by that I meant that April might not have been quite as over-the-top with chat-speak as karisu-sama has noted. Or even as insightful.
I never checked all the archives, and I had April coming to some realizations (or being able to express what had been bothering her) just before the almost-wedding. If ARB-April was discussing how her mom was checking out of parenting, and how her parents were pushing Anthony at Liz, I don't think Paradise-April would have been quite there yet.
But some implied overlap between the worlds is an interesting thought.
Obviously I missed something -- what the heck is ARB?
"April's Real Blog" - it started well before the wedding-o-rama
http://aprilsrealblog.blogspot.com/
ARB = April's Real Blog, a sort of fanfic-y blog thing that gave commentary from April's POV on each strip
I love the ARB reference, but I'm a bit biased. ;)
Happy holidays, InsertMonikerHere!
It occurs to me how much Paradise Mike reminds me of my brother-in-law, my sister's husband. (I am ashamed to admit that I and my family displayed our own level of Foobish-ness there: We assumed, in the weeks leading up to the wedding, that he was behaving more and more like an asshole because of various stresses, such as his job, the wedding, and some prolems with securing a house, and refused to see that he was actually letting his true colors come through, once he managed to bag his "prize," my sister.) He would behave pretty much the same way as Mike here, (though he had a lot of Anthony thrown in, too), though my sister, sadly, wouldn't dare call him on it.
Post a Comment