Monday, December 15, 2008

24 Dec 2009: Nearing the endgame

[narration]While Iris offered Elly a cup of tea - so much more soothing than coffee, dear - others took stock of the situation.[/narration]I'm really not happy with my ability to light up the pics. I keep moving the lamps around, and never find a "minimal light gradient zone"

8 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

To start off with, John and Mira are both right. What happened was scary but it's over and everyone could use a bit of a breather. Too bad that Dee got distracted earlier though. The fact that turkey they wanted to eat while take hours to cook while make the turkey she married stand around hurling accusations. I know that you didn't plan on letting John call Anthony out; does he still get to let Mike have it?

InsertMonikerHere said...

John's plans, which I tried to imply when Wilf handing off Jim's comment, are to avoid confronting Mike about his behaviour ... if not forever, at least for Christmas Eve.

Now, in the new year we'll see whether Mike can set off his dad ...

Jana C.H. said...

If anyone in this family had any flexibility, someone would say, "Do we call out for Chinese, or order pizza?" And they'd all have a Christmas Eve story they could joke about for years.

If anyone's going to say it, it'll have to be April or Wilf. Or both.

Jana C.H.
Seattle
Saith Floss Forbes: If you don't know the tune, sing tenor.

Teresa Rothaar said...

Someone not putting the oven on actually happened to my husband's family one holiday; he recounted the story to me recently.

One of the in-laws was a chef and knew exactly what to do: Forget about cooking the turkey whole. Cut it into pieces and put it back in the oven.

It still took a couple of hours, but it's better that dinner be done in two hours as opposed to four or five.

Jana is right; if anyone was thinking, they'd just order pizza, take a trip up to McD's, etc. They can just eat the turkey tomorrow.

Heck, my typical Christmas Eve dinner when I lived in SoCal was In-N-Out Burger. =) This is because I made the big meal on Christmas Day and didn't feel like cooking the night before.

blueyed wench said...

Wah waaah waaaaaaah (cheesy "Oh Noes" music)

I hope that if Mike does say something assholish, he gets some of it handed back to him.

CrackerLilo said...

Probably the best thing for everyone would be to leave the house and go to McDonald's or a Chinese restaurant. Can't wait to see what you have them do!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I really look forward to the continuing installments of this FBoFW fan-sequel. :)

April is particularly awesome. ^^

Mal and Jayne Ikbint said...

First of all, I've been reading FOOB's Paradise from the beginning and just love it. Thanks so much for doing this!

Regarding the emergency room: remember, the doctor told John if there was ANY recurrence of Elly's reality break to take her to the emergency room, so I'm wondering if there's worse to come.