What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
Monday, June 8, 2009
Hawk Creek Interlude
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Bingo. The Li'l-est Sociopath pops his cherry. So predictable, and yet we all know that Lynn would never have gone there in a million billion years. I bet there's bed-wetting, animal cruelty, and fire-bugging that we don't know about, also.
But but! I thought receiving a harmonica and fortune cookie advice from a teacher all but guaranteed you became a thoughtful, prosperous citizen! Are you telling me that making a difference in a child's life takes more than a few instances of half-assed concern?!
Oh, brother; Liz just had her nose rubbed in the fact that she didn't really make the difference she thought she did. I doubt that she'll get much sympathy from the people of Mtigwaki given what she did to them; hell, they might halfway blame her for this.
The troubled kids I knew when I was a kid were always quite kind to animals. Torturing animals and shoplifting are two entirely different things. Shoplifting is normally not a sign of a sociopath. (Nor is bed-wetting.)
Actually bed-wetting is a sign of a psychopath, not a sociopath. The Big Three, by which a psychopath can almost always be identified, are cruelty to animals, bed-wetting, and fire-bugging. I was being partly facetious, as I suspect that the Adorable Scamp is a sociopath and not a psychopath.
Hmm, I wouldn't have the Mtigiwakians blame Liz for Jesse's troubles, because while Liz left for the dumbest of reasons, she had the right to make that decision herself and to leave.
Jesse made the decision to shoplift. That's on him alone.
However, he may be manulipative enough to blame Liz for leaving him, and Liz would probably blame herself for not making the difference she thought she did. That's crueler in a way...feeling as if she hadn't made a difference at all.
However I hope she does give Jesse no quarter if he does try to manulipate her. She's not his mother, after all. It'll also give Liz a chance to stand up for herself, and then maybe they can start over on a better footing.
It'll also give Liz a chance to stand up for herself, and then maybe they can start over on a better footing.
Bingo. I see delicious opportunities for real adult characterization in this scenario...Liz having a chance to revisit the one big turning point in her life and assess it honestly. Oo-er. *makes popcorn and settles in*
9 comments:
Bingo. The Li'l-est Sociopath pops his cherry. So predictable, and yet we all know that Lynn would never have gone there in a million billion years. I bet there's bed-wetting, animal cruelty, and fire-bugging that we don't know about, also.
low-hanging fruit ... too tempting.
But what with Jesse's rescue of Shiimsa, I doubt he'd torment animals. He did have compassion there.
But but! I thought receiving a harmonica and fortune cookie advice from a teacher all but guaranteed you became a thoughtful, prosperous citizen! Are you telling me that making a difference in a child's life takes more than a few instances of half-assed concern?!
Oh, brother; Liz just had her nose rubbed in the fact that she didn't really make the difference she thought she did. I doubt that she'll get much sympathy from the people of Mtigwaki given what she did to them; hell, they might halfway blame her for this.
The troubled kids I knew when I was a kid were always quite kind to animals. Torturing animals and shoplifting are two entirely different things. Shoplifting is normally not a sign of a sociopath. (Nor is bed-wetting.)
Actually bed-wetting is a sign of a psychopath, not a sociopath. The Big Three, by which a psychopath can almost always be identified, are cruelty to animals, bed-wetting, and fire-bugging. I was being partly facetious, as I suspect that the Adorable Scamp is a sociopath and not a psychopath.
ah, well - it's a bit difficult to read facetiousness in comments, josephusrex. Anyhow, the Lil' Scamp is all grown up now, so to speak :-)
Hmm, I wouldn't have the Mtigiwakians blame Liz for Jesse's troubles, because while Liz left for the dumbest of reasons, she had the right to make that decision herself and to leave.
Jesse made the decision to shoplift. That's on him alone.
However, he may be manulipative enough to blame Liz for leaving him, and Liz would probably blame herself for not making the difference she thought she did. That's crueler in a way...feeling as if she hadn't made a difference at all.
However I hope she does give Jesse no quarter if he does try to manulipate her. She's not his mother, after all. It'll also give Liz a chance to stand up for herself, and then maybe they can start over on a better footing.
It'll also give Liz a chance to stand up for herself, and then maybe they can start over on a better footing.
Bingo. I see delicious opportunities for real adult characterization in this scenario...Liz having a chance to revisit the one big turning point in her life and assess it honestly. Oo-er. *makes popcorn and settles in*
Post a Comment