Wednesday, January 21, 2009

End of Dec 2009

Yeah, I'm going to skip over the wall of text (with copious "um, well"s) of Liz talking about staying. Instead I'll skip to the end:(pencils plus grey liner for this - I just can't seem to draw anything like Liz' Panel 1&2 expressions in non-photo-blue + pen)

5 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

Ah, well. At least she's trying to spit out the Kool-Aid; like John, she's taking baby steps to being a normal person. That being said, changing the subject because she feels uncomfortable seems like a sign that she has a lot farther to go.

Anonymous said...

The facial expressions really capture the poignancy of these characters, their imperfections, humanity...
Very nice.

Unknown said...

I don't know. It seems that Paul gave her the answer, there isn't a whole lot more to say, and she wants to talk about something different to relieve the pained silence.

At least, that was my take on it. The way I see it, she didn't push him, which would possibly have the effect of driving him off. She didn't throw herself at him and beg, which I believe would also have turned him off. She accepted his answer, and letting him make the next move.

YMMV :D

John F Jamele said...

I missed something- what is Paul saying "I don't know" to? What was his "answer?" I went through the strips and I don't see where Liz laid it on the line for him.

InsertMonikerHere said...

Sorry, John F Jamele, but Liz laying out (as she'd told Therese and Julia) that she's staying, and if that's the only reason Paul doesn't want to see if they can be more than friends, she doesn't think that's an issue - that's exactly the wall of text I skipped.