Monday, January 19, 2009

End of Dec 2009

... and I did find a .005 liner pen in the 4 aisles of scrapbooking items. I'll see if this brand is more durable.

9 comments:

Harley Quinn said...

Who's Melanie?

Great story, way more captivating then the "Real thing"!!!

InsertMonikerHere said...

Melanie is Paul's cousin, in Hawk Creek. She showed up in some of the postings in September. The reference is because she was keeping Shiimsa fed in exchange for Liz taking a half-dozen loaves of her mother's zucchini bread off her hands.

Unknown said...

AHHH! Okay, I thought for some reason, Paul was calling Liz "Melanie." My mistake. *grins*

I love the ending like for the alcohol. "One hour or Two?" *hehe* reminds me of when people use to ask about one lump or two in tea :D

Great job!

DreadedCandiru2 said...

It does look as if she might have taken Thérèse's advice, doesn't it? I kinda like the end gag myself; the Christmas we saw is probably best discussed over Irished-up coffee.

Muse of Ire said...

Ooh, I love the devilish grin in the last panel!

Timprovphilly said...

So, which Paul is this going to be? Are we looking at the Paul from the last time we saw him, or the Paul from before Lynn tried to force Anthony down our collective throats?

InsertMonikerHere said...

Timothy, I take in-strip actions as a given, so Paul is the guy seen in-strip, including taking up with Susan before completely breaking it off with Liz. But they've already hashed that out quite a bit (the August 15 and 16 posts) when dealing with April running away.

I allowed a friendship to develop in large part because they'd each been able to admit that they'd done wrong. Liz expected him to just up and follow her when it was her decision, not their decision, to leave for the south. (She also left it a bit ambiguous about how much she expected that to work out, with all her talk of fate.) And Paul really acted badly by not breaking it off before starting to see Susan.

So the Paul seen in Foob's Paradise is the Paul during the Lizthony insanity, but who has grown beyond what LynnCo was doing to him. I prefer to think of it as returning to his basic character after some really bad decisions during the abortive long-distance relationship with Liz.

CrackerLilo said...

Yay! This makes me ridiculously happy.

And I think I want some hot chocolate with Bailey's now!

Unknown said...

It's wonderful to watch an episode of Liz's love life again and not know what's going to happen next.