Monday, December 1, 2008

24 Dec 2009: somewhere in here, Elly must have gotten her coffee, right?

I expect somebody pried it away from Mira while Jim & Iris were getting settled. Possibly Mike while retreating from the kitchen - because it's not as if Mira's busybodyinsuggestions have been laid to rest.

Yes, Jim and Wilf have something of a Battle Of The Vests going. In my defense, they have both been shown to wear that clothing style.

UPDATE: I haven't been putting in people's names just to be sure they're IDed, have I? That's Liz, last seen in Nov 13's post (the first Christmas Eve strip). I try to make sure the dramatis personae is on the post labels.

7 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

Something tells me that Deanna is too married to the idea of being a celebrity's wife to listen to reason. She won't admit that she doesn't have to live the way she does or that Mike's literary output is glurge and callousness because that would mean that her mother is right. Thank goodness the new-runs reminded us that her key characteristic is a need to not admit she's in the wrong.

Cedar said...

Sorry--who is that playing cards with Jim?

InsertMonikerHere said...

Sorry, it's Liz. I haven't been putting in people's names just to be sure they're IDed, have I? She has on a button-down blouse and her hair in a braid, as seen in Nov 13's post

CrackerLilo said...

Fantastic. Just fantastic.

Echo said...

Is Mira pointing out that Deanna and Mike are basically rolling in money? Even if stupid Mike insists on having all his time to himself, they could afford a nanny. It's probably too much to hope that Deanna will realize that if Mike were actually a "gifted writer", he would find a way to fit his writing in with his other responsibilities.

Anonymous said...

It's not that Mike's not a "gifted writer," it's that Mike's being selfish with his time. Deanna sees her job (in the marriage, not at the pharmacy) as supporting Mike's artistry. I've known a few women (and men) who are like this.

Whether Mike writes good stuff regularly or has written stupid glurge from the start or happened to get lucky once and has run out of magic (my guess as to how things have gone with him, by the way) is irrelevant to what Deanna has chosen.

As for Mira...I think she wants the best for Deanna and probably never thought much of Mike. Can't blame her, as artists are dodgy people (the more artistic, the dodgier. Call it personal experience, from both sides of the glasses).

DreadedCandiru2 said...

godozo

As for Mira...I think she wants the best for Deanna and probably never thought much of Mike. Can't blame her, as artists are dodgy people (the more artistic, the dodgier. Call it personal experience, from both sides of the glasses).

I second both emotions; Mira is looking out for what she believes to be Deanna's best interests and Mike has never to my knowledge given her cause to think that he is what is good for her.