Tuesday, December 16, 2008

24 Dec 2009: The Traditional (well, sort of) Holiday Dinner

Getting everyone around the table: not easy. Getting them all to scale with each other during my "decompress" time: apparently impossible. Who'da thunk?

... and I think it's high time somebody took Robin to the Toronto Ex (CNE) for an education in what can be put on a stick :-)

14 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

Damned Michael, thinking the world revolves around him. Who the Hell cares what he thinks to be right anyway? He's in the middle of a crisis and he's so arrogant, oblivious and self-absorbed, all he sees is that he doesn't get to eat turkey. I hope it doesn't take too much longer for John to give him what for; having him realize that Dad is right will take longer.

blueyed wench said...

Is that Michael sulking in the background?

Ugh. Wonderfully well done :)

InsertMonikerHere said...

blueyed wench yes, that's Mike - or at least someone wearing his sweater :-)

BTW, I had Thai takeout in mind long before yesterday's comments - shows that sane people think alike. At this point, just get a meal on the table.

jewelrybysara said...

Everybody sing:

Ringle bells, ringle bells... =)

Seriously, leave it to Mike to be a colossal ass and try to ruin everyone's day. I hope Dee doesn't take his attitude to heart.

InsertMonikerHere said...

... well it just wouldn't be a Patterson Christmas if *somebody* weren't feeling put-upon, right?

Thankfully, from their expressions, the kids aren't even noticing. They're discovering new types of tasty food.

Anonymous said...

I love the dialogue between Robin and Dee. Very amusing.

Harley Quinn said...

I thought that was Robin and Wilf?

ae said...

Two Christmases ago, my husband and I were feeling a little restless, and we took a little drive - we ended up at a tamale stand, and had some of the best Christmas Tamales ever.

Honestly, give me Thai over turkey any time!

InsertMonikerHere said...

Hoppytoad, HarleyQuinn - Robin is indeed talking to Wilf next to him. Deanna's across the way with Iris telling her the potatoes are good. Of course, the main thing for me was just getting the attitudes onto paper.

FDChief said...

Another great post. Still enjoying the gift of seeing the Expornstache get the bum's rush. But Thai Christmas is pretty damn special, too.

Great work.

CrackerLilo said...

I love how cute the kids were about it! Meredith deserves a good Christmas memory for once. And I see it's April, Wilf, and Iris trying to keep everyone else cheerful, while Michael is being a whine-baby.

Very nice all around!

howard said...

... and I think it's high time somebody took Robin to the Toronto Ex (CNE) for an education in what can be put on a stick :-)

After going to the Texas State Fair, I have learned you can put anything on a stick, even fried cheesecake.

Teresa Rothaar said...

The kids' reaction is perfect. To a child, McDonald's is a four-star restaurant, so Thai food is really going uptown in their eyes. =)

Mike needs to be hit with a Clue Stick. Unfortunately, he typifies the attitudes of too many people these days, to whom Christmas is all about the "stuff," and not about making memories with family and friends.

Anonymous said...

More to the point: Wifey didn't come through, but the "evil" April did. Hence, Mikey's pissing his pants in bitterness.

Tough bleep.