End of school year, June 2010: pretty much a wall of text from some e-mail
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
4 comments:
This seems to have done them both some good; April is getting some much-needed perspective form someone who knows what she's going through and Liz is figuring out that she has company in trying to fiugre out how much to do.
Some of my favorite foob strips were just April and Elizabeth relating to and supporting eachother, and it's nice to see that continued in one form.
This is still Pester or Esther or whatever I was calling myself, by the way. I just can't pick a name for myself in comments randomly anymore.
I know what you mean, Cuke--I remember those strips from back when Liz was in college, and I liked that a lot. That's also from a time when LJ was capable of working with multiple storylines and weaving them together.
I did dislike strips like these
http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/000613.php
http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/000614.php
where Liz is suddenly so grown-up, and lecturing April smugly.
From my experience traveling in Africa, African parents welcome foreigners giving their children food and money and gifts of any kind. The attitude is basically: you're unbelievably rich compared to me, therefore, it would be greatly appreciated if you would help out.
Post a Comment