Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
10 comments:
Good words from JOhn, once again, tears were brought to my eyes. April is lucky that she was there so much for her Grandfather's life. Of all the grandkids, she was always the closest to him. That makes this so hard for her, but because she was so close to him, this makes her the luckiest of the three. You keep hitting on feelings that I went through at my father's death. Keep up the wonderful work.
Once again, an excellent strip. While it's awful that April couldn't come to the funeral, I'm glad that someone pointed out that April spent more time with Jim while he was still living. In that sense she's better off than Mike and Liz - more memories, fewer reasons to be guilty.
It's good to see that at least one of April's parents knows what to say and not say; God knows that he and Iris are a minority there. I wish somebody had said something like that to me when my parents passed on. I also like how he's still a bit uncomfortable e-mailing people; it makes him believable and a bit more sympathetic.
Gads, this choked me up even more than the last strip! You've done a beautiful, graceful job with this storyline. *sniffle!* And it's so true - sometimes it's just not possible to make it to events like these.
Aww, that's sweet...and once again, it reminds me of how appalling it was in the original that April was basically the only character who consistently gave a damn about Gramps. Nicely done, CDS.
Aw, I'm teary-eyed here!
Well, that made me cry.
Once again — brilliant.
Damn it, now I'm crying at work. Curse you!
This is amazingly sweet, and it's great that John knew what April needed and gave it to her. There's hope yet!
This strip brought even more tears to my eyes than the previous one! Jim and Iris came up with some beautiful words - I couldn't imagine anything more perfect to say, so big kudos to you for being able to come up with it.
I wonder how this will affect April's time in Africa... on to next month to find out!
Post a Comment