Monday, March 23, 2009

well this was supposed to be Saturday's...

... but I had GIMPing issues. So it was a quickly-drawn one:Just what Mira thinks can be done (since I hope it's clear she isn't talking about divorce) is almost ready for tomorrow.

8 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

Whatever Mira says is sure to be fairly easy to do if Deanna has the will to do it; by the looks of things, she's figured out that she'll have to swallow her pride and take her mother's advice. If she does manage to pull it off, Mike might start to see that he's been jerk and needs to change without having to go down the same road Elly has. Not that I hold out much hope of that happening.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that somebody else suggested marriage counseling!

InsertMonikerHere said...

hmm nisie ... at the moment Deanna hasn't gotten through to Mike that there's something to be discussed at marriage counseling. I think we're still at Square Zero, not Square One there.

Unknown said...

I'm betting that Mira will be making other suggestions besides marriage counseling. Things that Dee can do to take control of the situation back and hopefully make it work. 'Cause, I have the feeling that if a suggestion of councelling is put to Mike, then he will go off the deep end.

DreadedCandiru2 said...

morga_rose,

'Cause, I have the feeling that if a suggestion of councelling is put to Mike, then he will go off the deep end.

You've got a talent for understatement; the intimation that his behavior might need examination would cause Mike to go into a screaming fit about how his "supposedly" loving wife thought he was insane.

Scritzy said...

DreadedCandiru2:

the intimation that his behavior might need examination would cause Mike to go into a screaming fit about how his "supposedly" loving wife thought he was insane.

Exactly. From experience I've seen that one partner can be skipping along acting as if everything's okay when things are really festering. And then when it comes out in the open, the other partner is gobsmacked and does go into a screaming fit.

Then there's always the question: "Why didn't you tell me all this before??" Um, because you didn't want to hear it?

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

CrackerLilo said...

Good. I'm not totally anti-divorce, but I do think too many people divorce when a bit more targeted talk and action would have helped instead. I like the idea of Deanna really trying to penetrate Mike's thick skull (no, not with one of John's dental drills) rather than just leaving him.

And for the zillionth time, I like this so much better than the original!

Anonymous said...

Good that Mira doesn't suggest divorce, because I still get the impression that Deanna wanted Mira to suggest a Divorce. I knew Mira's Catholicism would come through!