Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
7 comments:
Now this is how parents should behave; Mira is clearly concerned and wishes she could do more but realizes that she's essentially powerless here. She can suggest, she can warn but, ultimately, whatever happens is on Mike and Deanna. As for her take on Mike's parenting skills, she's spot the Hell on. If he ignores them now, a divorce will just make things worse.
Some men do become better fathers after a divorce. I can't see Mike doing so, though.
Well... maybe. If it made him confess his eternal love for Weed, and stop hiding his true self. Plus, if he didn't have Deanna to lean on any more during visitation, he'd actually be forced to bond with his kids. It's tough to predict anything about Mike; his personality was made as much a hash of as Liz's in the end of canon FBofW.
Love the subtle comparison of fatherhood, with Wilf preparing dinner as he and Mira talk!
Best one yet.
Bravo.
I can't read Mira's 2nd bubble in the first panel. For some reason, on my computer, it is coming through extremely light. Could you please fill me in on what she said there? I feel like I am missing part of the puzzle.
morga, I drew it in pencil so it would be "background muttering" - it should visible sized up, but it says:
mmph, circulating manuscript bits. Would've had to reconstruct a week's work, tops.
Love Wilf's powers of observation.
And as for Mike, I can see him getting swallowed up in his work. Especially if he's been getting more and more into the bookwriting/freelance end of things.
It's entirely possible that whatever Mike's going through (failed book, unable to start new book, freelance troubles, de facto loss of Weed as a friend) may be harshening him up, and he may not be able to be a good father to his kids. Especially if he's trying to follow the post-war line of success (work, make your mark there, let the wife raise the kids).
Post a Comment