Monday, August 31, 2009

To the Sketchpad!

It seems appropriate to get rougher around the edges with simpler sketches as it all starts to wind down...

9 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

It does seem more appropriate at that; the increased simplicity of the drawing highlights the fact that we're about to part comapny with these people soon. We don't need to go into detail because we have a fairly good idea of where things are headed; we may not know what Paul finds out but we know that he has a shot of finding out something he likes.

On that note, I'm going to miss this when it's gone; much like FOOBAR, it's a better way to have handled the end of the old strip than Lynn could have come up with.

Scritzy said...

I love the throwaway "Please don't show the bathtub baby pictures, Mom." So true!

And I'm also going to miss the strip when it's gone. It's much better than anything else out there in comic-strip land.

Mal and Jayne Ikbint said...

I've been reading anonymously from the beginning, and I'd like to echo the comments above. This was such a lovely strip--beautfifully written and drawn--and I will be very sad to see it end. I hope you consider continuing your cartoon work with a new project, and let your fans continue to enjoy your work!

FDChief said...

No deep thought, just appreciating the great work you've done here. taking characters that another creator pretty much threw away and giving them back intelligence and adult perspective. And Lynn is how much better paid..?

Thanks.

(Interesting - my word verification is "nolizz". Hmmm...)

Anna said...

Oh Paul, you so cute. :)

john said...

Haha, nice parallels with Paul's line in the second panel. Can we consider it a Take That to a certain philosophy of relationships espoused in a certain popular newspaper strip?

And yeah, I'm gonnna miss this one, too.

InsertMonikerHere said...

john, but isn't the whole FP strip a TakeThat at a certain comic's relationship philosophy? :-D

john said...

Yep :D

Anonymous said...

Another fan delurking...I've been reading this since you started it, and you've done a wonderful job! As far as I'm concerned, this version of what happened to the Foobs is now canon.

Thank you.