Thursday, August 20, 2009

December 2010


I do think Mike & Dee's relationship could improve - and part of that would be stepping back a bit from attaching themselves to Mike's parents at the expense of Dee's.

As for Mira, I'd hope that seeing some of her daughter's family problems (with a few accompanying clue-by-4s courtesy of Wilf :) would help her, well, act better.

5 comments:

Pharmgirl said...

Very nice! I always wondered what would happen if Dee and Mike ever came clean.

DreadedCandiru2 said...

This is pretty much how it would play in the real world so I like it. That's because I know what kind of crazy-ass mess Lynn would have made of things had Deanna come clean.

Cedar said...

I like how they originally assume it's some book thing. Because that's the only reason Mike ever even pretends to have an interest in others!

One thing that always bothered me about the "secret" wedding is that it was clear that Dee was making the decision because of the values she grew up with, and were likely instilled with by her parents. Yet had no problem making her parents believe she was rejecting those values. Seems very forest-for-the-trees, and selfish.

DreadedCandiru2 said...

Cedar,

I know what you mean; it sort of set a pattern for her future behavior: convincing the Pattersons that a well-meaning but forceful woman was some domineering monster bent on aggression and killjoyism.

April Patterson said...

Yay! It bothered me that the secret wedding was always kept secret.