Well, I finally get to draw Candace's little Sophia.A blog note ... it might be because I'm a bit busy this summer, although I mostly think it's because I see the Foob's Paradise characters as well on their way to achieving something other than the wrap-up mess of the "strip of destiny", but I see threads as coming together, not as expanding into more stories for much longer. Foob's Paradise isn't over yet, but I don't see an indefinite future in front of it.
8 comments:
I think it's probably best that way. Even just this far, you've definitely achieved what you set out to do; anything else is just gravy :)
Fair enough. This has achieved what it set out to do - give the characters the life we would have expected of them. Wherever you end it, I'm sure it will be at a better point with the future obvious (without the "and here's what happened" ending seen too often).
I love the name Sophia (wisdom): how appropriate for the daughter of one of the characters who almost made it out of the original strip with some dignity and intelligence.
Congratulations on reaching this point. Real life never wraps up with a tidy episode which draws together everyone and concludes all the issues in their lives.
This is the sort of beginning of the end I would have liked to see in the real strip; we don't know exactly what the future holds for the characters but it is, as godozo said, obvious that their trajectory is pointing them towards a reasonably happy life. There will be bad days and stormy weather to contend with but life will go on.
I was just so happy when you came back to it after the August or whatever run it was, when Liz left Anthony. It was so lovely, and then you picked it up again and it continued to be awesome.
Good stories need an ending. Thanks for all you've done to try to retell this story so well. It's been a fascinating journey.
Aww, thanks ... and as I said, it's not *quite* done yet.
forworse, you're so right that it's appropriate. I figure Candace chose Sophia as a name specifically because wisdom is what she wants for her daughter (and Rudy had no objections to that). She'd tell others, but I don't think it will ever come up on-panel.
I also think you've done an awesome job, and I'm glad the end isn't quite yet.
I'd like to see Elly get back in touch with reality. But having been in therapy myself since Bill Clinton was in office, I know that getting a toehold on normal is neither quick nor easy. It's a journey, one with detours, bumps in the road and rest stops on the way.
Post a Comment