... and then sees them a few days after she leaves
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
12 comments:
Kathleen makes a damned good point; there's nothing in the world keeping Anthony from being with Françoise except his own cluelessness; just so long as he doesn't try to screw Thérèse's life up, he can actually be there for his little girl if he wants to.
(By the way, I like how he isn't a noticeable factor in the whole Farewell-to-Jim thing; he might have read about it in the Valley Voice or heard about it from Gord but he seems to either have known to not intrudeor have been discouraged from doing so.)
That's "intruded or", by the way.
Maybe I'm just dense here, but who's the little boy in the first two panels? Is it a nephew of Anthony's?
Megan, yup, that's one of the unspecified children of Robert and Kathleen. They do have kids - Rob was dealing with bike training wheels in his first appearance - and I drew in three.
If I recall correctly, CDS wrote it so that Anthony had an older brother who married and had children young. He became Anthony's "role model" of sorts, and it explains why Anthony was so eager to get married and have kids, and then immediatly jump into marriage with Liz.
OMG, Anthony gets more pitiful and pitiful every time we see him. The damned idiot can't stand to be alone.
(which explains a lot of Banal Anthony's past...)
In panel three, is Anthony anticipating how he'll feel when Françoise goes back to Thérèse? I'm confused because he sounds as though Françoise isn't there with them.
April, I should have put in "a few days later" at the break between panels 2 and 3 - there was a vacation, and then Francoise returned to mom for part of the summer. They share the school year, and they share the summer, in large chunks of time due to the distance.
There. Added a bit to make that clearer.
You know, with them sharing the school year, I feel really bad for Francoise. It must be hard to change schools part of the way through the school year, and have that happen every year, with the possibility of repeating part of the year in the 2nd school and missing large chunks of information.
morga_rose - hardly ideal, but she did just finish kindergarten. I don't have experience there, but I'd expect that as years go by, the mediator (AFAIK, mediation is a requirement in Ontario, and the case is never closed) will have to make them consider other arrangements when she's older and schoolwork is more important.
I *love* how Anthony missing Françoise isn't treated like a horrible tragedy but something that he has to work to fix, if indeed he wants to fix it.
Post a Comment