Sunday, August 24, 2008

August 24

29.


I actually changed this a bit from when I first started drawing (mid July) to when I got to this (not long ago). I got more annoyed with how issues of character were dealt with in the real strip - such as when John says Anthony will make a great husband (and thinks "or else" with no real bite).

I'd always figured Anthony wouldn't be able to cope, and go to therapy, if Liz left town for an indefinite amount of time to go look for April. I hadn't decided he would try (ineffectually) to harm himself, and be forced to go to therapy in the few days Liz was gone, but I think it fits.

Also, the passive voice "she wasn't harmed" instead of "I didn't harm her" is deliberate. I think Anthony has a very poor sense of responsibility. (I've read that that type of phrasing - 'the knife went in' instead if 'I stabbed' - is used by criminals with undeveloped consciences.)