John's become a tricky bastard in his old age, hasn't he? He knows that Anthony doesn't really have a chance with Liz but, at the same time, realizes that the hope that the Settlepocalypse might someday come to pass is one of the few things anchoring Elly to reality. He'd rather that Liz have an awkward time than have to commit his wife. Not the nicest way to handle things but it's fairly clever.
Actually, DC2, John realizes that Anthony won't move on unless he thinks Liz is unattainable. (That would be Anthony's past pattern: Liz + Eric = diamond ring for Therese) John saw how Anthony (unwittingly) was quite the confusion-inducer at Christmas and has had to deal with Elly's double fantasy life all along. Getting Anthony out of the way could make Elly face the real here-and-now instead of her wishful fantasies.
I'm allowing that he may be using the power of misleading manipulation for good rather than for evil for once :-)
I expect Mike will let Liz in on what John did before she next sees Anthony.
While I doubt that this would happen (Anthony's a passive (bleep), with a moment's dramatic action being the excuse needed for the Settlepocalypse to happen in the first place) but I can see Anthony suddenly go into high gear and woo Liz, much to her chagrin (and the shock of John, I'm guessing).
But I like it. Definitely forces action on Anthony's part.
3 comments:
John's become a tricky bastard in his old age, hasn't he? He knows that Anthony doesn't really have a chance with Liz but, at the same time, realizes that the hope that the Settlepocalypse might someday come to pass is one of the few things anchoring Elly to reality. He'd rather that Liz have an awkward time than have to commit his wife. Not the nicest way to handle things but it's fairly clever.
Actually, DC2, John realizes that Anthony won't move on unless he thinks Liz is unattainable. (That would be Anthony's past pattern: Liz + Eric = diamond ring for Therese) John saw how Anthony (unwittingly) was quite the confusion-inducer at Christmas and has had to deal with Elly's double fantasy life all along. Getting Anthony out of the way could make Elly face the real here-and-now instead of her wishful fantasies.
I'm allowing that he may be using the power of misleading manipulation for good rather than for evil for once :-)
I expect Mike will let Liz in on what John did before she next sees Anthony.
While I doubt that this would happen (Anthony's a passive (bleep), with a moment's dramatic action being the excuse needed for the Settlepocalypse to happen in the first place) but I can see Anthony suddenly go into high gear and woo Liz, much to her chagrin (and the shock of John, I'm guessing).
But I like it. Definitely forces action on Anthony's part.
Post a Comment