Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Off to Goodwill...


Hmm. The light gradients didn't look so bad before uploading it.

7 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

Oooh, April, maybe when Elly's *driving* isn't the time to say things like that!

But my mom and I always ended up having our big talks in the car. You don't have to look at each other, and it's very hard to get out. Was it like that in your family, too?

DreadedCandiru2 said...

This is ELLY we're talking about; enjoying anything is not part of the equation. Even after she gets over what drove her off the rails, she won't be happy because it just is not in her.

InsertMonikerHere said...

... and that makes April sad, DC2. Doesn't mean she can change it.

This is really about April following up on advice from the counselling center. She probably figures it needs to be said rather than left to fester.

(My family, though, had too many of us to count on getting a private twosome in the car, so it wasn't very conducive to big talks.)

Scritzy said...

I'm proud of April. She's doing better with her mom than I ever could with mine.

Unfortunately, I believe Elly's a lot like my mother, about whom we say "She's never happy unless she's miserable."

InsertMonikerHere said...

April has the advantage of being a cartoon character, Scritzy, who can get good advice or be put in situations where she realizes what does and doesn't work for her pretty much at my whim. She's more fortunate than most of us in that regard.

And I think Foob's Paradise April has been heading this way since she got fed up at the weddingpalooza prep and ran away for a few weeks. She's been actively interested in figuring out how to handle her mom ever since - and I think the U's counsellor worked out some scripts with April for this type of situation.

InsertMonikerHere said...

It's weird - I should just say that the U's counsellor *did* help April formulate scripts just for this. I was implying they'd try. But for some reason, I don't want to state unambiguously what happens off-panel no matter how detailed my thoughts are about what would be going on.

April Patterson said...

Yay for April taking her counselor's advice so well.

But for some reason, I don't want to state unambiguously what happens off-panel no matter how detailed my thoughts are about what would be going on.I've noticed I feel that way about commenting on FOOBAR, too. :)