Crap. I should have known that Elly's stupidity would screw up April's life somehow; that 'somehow' must involve the trip to Africa. It would be instructive if she were to tell Doctor Walby the real reason she fears for April; that would tell us all what really makes her tick.
I wouldn't say that April is quite at the "screwed up" point yet. She's not trying to force herself through finals with Red Bull and No-Doz, she's got some help to deal with the Mom Issue...
But I like the way you've both tied everyone's lives together - that was the appeal of the pre-Settlepocalypse FOOB, the "we are family" stuff - while taking the story in a more interesting direction than Lynn, who appears to have no more interest in her own creation than 1) bashing the ex 2) continuing the lame wordplay and 3) reminding everyone how she suuuffffeeerrrreeeddd as a young mother.
5 comments:
Crap. I should have known that Elly's stupidity would screw up April's life somehow; that 'somehow' must involve the trip to Africa. It would be instructive if she were to tell Doctor Walby the real reason she fears for April; that would tell us all what really makes her tick.
I wouldn't say that April is quite at the "screwed up" point yet. She's not trying to force herself through finals with Red Bull and No-Doz, she's got some help to deal with the Mom Issue...
But I like the way you've both tied everyone's lives together - that was the appeal of the pre-Settlepocalypse FOOB, the "we are family" stuff - while taking the story in a more interesting direction than Lynn, who appears to have no more interest in her own creation than 1) bashing the ex 2) continuing the lame wordplay and 3) reminding everyone how she suuuffffeeerrrreeeddd as a young mother.
Still loving your work!
DC2, I'm not sure Elly knows herself well enough to understand why she fears for April and ignores her :-)
Awesome. April admits she needs help! It means she isn't swimming in the River of Denial — i.e., taking after her mother.
April's also better off than her father and brother, too. Good for her.
Thank you. Truly, Foob's Paradise is an example of turning chicken s*** into gourmet chicken salad!
Post a Comment