Friday, May 22, 2009

Not Quite Continued


I was originally thinking of letting that simmer and Mike having a version of this conversation after April had left on her trip, but sometimes the comments do get me to thinking, and it makes sense for it to come out now.

4 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

No, it doesn't have to be an either/or deal; it never did. It's too bad for Mike that he was raised to think that it had to be that way but he'll have to realize that it just isn't. It'll take a while but he'll get close to getting there.

Cedar said...

I have to admit, I like seeing April getting called out on her behavior; I have been finding her a little bratty and arrogant lately, but mostly when she's at home (much like how in the actual strip, Liz was always at her worst when she came returned to Milborough and got involved in Anthony drama).

InsertMonikerHere said...

Well, being around family *does* tend to push people's buttons a bit. For the past semester, she's been unsupportive/ skeptical of family attempts to change - she'd say she has good reason based on past experience, others would say the right thing to do would be to be more helpful or keep it to herself. (And Dee may still be upset that April got upset about Mike using her in a column when he was trying to get that project going.)

I do like to prevent *anyone* from inheriting the Pattersaint mantle.

Cedar said...

I get where April's coming from, but her behavior is a bit maddening, especially since I was in a somewhat simliar position--my mother has dealt with mild mental illness her whole life, and although she was able to recognize her own symptoms, respond to things correctly, etc more or less her whole life, she had an enourmous breakdown when I was 21. It was so strange, and came on so weirdly that at first we didn't even recognize it as a part of her previous diagnosis--we just thought she was being selfish and terrible. I was at college at the time, so I was hearing everything second and third hand. So I know where April is coming from, but she DOES come off as a bit arrogant; I feel like she especially seems to act like she knows better than everyone else and is the only one who knows anything (which is in character for a 19 year old), but it is still maddening to watch.