Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Springtime for Foobville X

Nothing much to say except that of course Candace would have a pregnancy fashion style all her own. And I do seem to draw in Nanaimo bars where sweets are called for quite a bit, don't I?

7 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

I definitely think they might be too messy for the party; as for Anthony, he needs to see that he has options that don't involve someone who just doesn't care. It probably won't happen but it would be nice to see him grow up a little bit.

Muse of Ire said...

Would Candace still be Anthony's friend? I would have expected Liz to win custody in the "divorce." (At least that's how it usually works in my crowd.)

InsertMonikerHere said...

I don't know about being a real friend, but Candace was talking with (moderating) Anthony & Liz together after April's return, before (well, leading to) the end of the engagement.

I pictured this more as Anthony calling and asking to meet and get some advice, with a "by the way I am trying to do more than mope"-flavoured stargazing party invitation.

Candace may be keeping in contact to give Liz the real scoop on Anthony so she's not blindsided by another meeting like the Christmas debacle.

howard said...

Although Rudy has publicly expressed loyalty to Candace, Candace has not expressed the same loyalty to Rudy, aside from just staying with him all these years. Back in their high school days though, Candace had a temporary thing for Anthony and did take him when Liz went through one of her "dump Anthony" phases.

Discounting the bizarre, out-of-character Candace that showed up for Liz's wedding; one of the fun things about her is her unpredictability. It would not be out-of-character for Candace's interest in Anthony to be not entirely related to helping out Liz.

During Candace's last appearance with Rudy, there is some tension there. Rudy is having a hard time saying anything with Candace picking it apart. In prior appearances, the couple's conversation was a friendlier. And I would also note that we did not see Rudy at Liz's wedding.

There are a lot of different possibilities here than just going with the standard "Anthony is a stupid jerk" setup.

InsertMonikerHere said...

Definitely interesting observations, howard. However, I hope FP's Candace is pretty darn committed to Rudy, given that they're going to be raising their kid ... hopefully together

The Caffeinated Philosopher said...

In the Foob's Paradise continuity, aren't Candace and Rudy married/civil-unioned/domestic-partnered/whatever? I seem to remember they made some kind of formal commitment, albeit absent the giant foufarah that Elly was planning for Liz and Anthony.

InsertMonikerHere said...

Megan - yup. Splits on them would require a divorce and child custody mediation. Messy, which I why I hope they really are committed to staying together :-)