Yeah, I had a CrockPot experience like that. My husband (who got home several hours before I did that night) tossed his in the garbage, cooked a frozen pizza, then hid the box so as not to hurt my feelings. I fixed my plate, and after three bites I said, "Oh, God - this is terrible!"
At which point, he admitted he felt the same way and owned up to the pizza.
Ewwwwwww....... just ewwwwww. Thinking about Mike's culinary catastrophe makes me queasy. It also makes me think that he was too proud to read a damned cookbook, the big lily. He won't make that mistake again, I hope.
Scritzy - do we blame the cookbook-writers for coming up with the "fiesta cream BBQ" concept, or the cook for being foolish enough to glop it together from the instructions anyhow? :-)
Scritzy - do we blame the cookbook-writers for coming up with the "fiesta cream BBQ" concept, or the cook for being foolish enough to glop it together from the instructions anyhow? :-)
Well, I know I've blamed a lot of cookbook writers in my day. ;)
It actually sounds like something that would be listed in the Gallery of Regrettable Foods.
I know my parents had several meals like that when they first got married. We don't mention what happened the one and only time my mother tried cooking with sherry.
You know, I'm a good cook... but I have made some mistakes cooking. Sometimes, the recipe is bad, sometimes my ability to follow is. Didn't stop me from making other meals.
13 comments:
Meredith's expression is comedy gold.
Yeah, I had a CrockPot experience like that. My husband (who got home several hours before I did that night) tossed his in the garbage, cooked a frozen pizza, then hid the box so as not to hurt my feelings. I fixed my plate, and after three bites I said, "Oh, God - this is terrible!"
At which point, he admitted he felt the same way and owned up to the pizza.
So Mike DID step up to cook, even if he failed. That's some character growth right there.
Ewwwwwww....... just ewwwwww. Thinking about Mike's culinary catastrophe makes me queasy. It also makes me think that he was too proud to read a damned cookbook, the big lily. He won't make that mistake again, I hope.
DC2 The recipe could be a real dud. I mean, just look at its title :-)
Did Mike make something inedible on purpose to get out of doing any future cooking duty?
Scritzy - do we blame the cookbook-writers for coming up with the "fiesta cream BBQ" concept, or the cook for being foolish enough to glop it together from the instructions anyhow? :-)
Scritzy - do we blame the cookbook-writers for coming up with the "fiesta cream BBQ" concept, or the cook for being foolish enough to glop it together from the instructions anyhow? :-)
Well, I know I've blamed a lot of cookbook writers in my day. ;)
It actually sounds like something that would be listed in the Gallery of Regrettable Foods.
I know my parents had several meals like that when they first got married. We don't mention what happened the one and only time my mother tried cooking with sherry.
You know, I'm a good cook... but I have made some mistakes cooking. Sometimes, the recipe is bad, sometimes my ability to follow is. Didn't stop me from making other meals.
Scritzy: Major points for the Gallery of Regrettable Food shout-out!
john: A friend of mine introduced me to it, and my stomach has been churning ever since. ;)
In a sense, Dee's marriage regrets can be traced back to the results of Mike's special "Fiesta cream", know what I mean.
Post a Comment