Friday, October 31, 2008

Oct 31 [23 Dec 2009]: If Only They Could Chalk This Up To Halloween



Still Dec. 23rd ... Dee's not home from work yet, nor have we seen Elly & John at the therapist's.

12 comments:

DreadedCandiru2 said...

What happened to Elly isn't ANY of April's fault that I know of; I don't care how many awful books that idiot Mike wrote, April's being a relatively normal teenager has little connection to Elly going bonko because Liz didn't go through with the Settlepocalypse. I hope either Liz or Dee tell him to unwedge his cranium from his rectum. I did get a chuckle at the punchline, though. Liz's wishing she hadn't gone off the grid is something I can sympathize with.

blueyed wench said...

THIS IS HOW THIS SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

I hope someone smacks Mike with the Git Smrtr Stick.

Cedar said...

Wow--this is more interaction that Mike and April have EVER had in this strip itself. When's the last time we saw those two interacting, sans-Patterspawn? Probably when Mike was in college.

ae said...

Have you considered approaching Lynn Johnston with your work? I am finding that I really look forward to your posts, but Lynn's rewarmed repeats leave me cold.

I would read your strip every day.

-old school allie cat

InsertMonikerHere said...

ae: No.

I don't think she'd take any implied criticism of her fantaaabulous destinies very well.

Anonymous said...

How much you wanna bet April's spending Xmas with John?

DreadedCandiru2 said...

godozo,

I think it's kinda obvious that she won't be too thrilled with the Delicate One. Let's hop it's John wielding the Git Smrtr Stick.

Unknown said...

Seeing as how what happened with the old Shannon + Pants story, Canuck would probably get cease and desisted right out of the water even for an innocent little fanfic.

scarabee said...

I have to say that the current Lyn Johnston strips seem to reflect the world that the FOOB-Ellie is inhabiting; as though she, too is re-writing the past into cuteness.

Looking forward to seeing Mike get the smackdown, too.

human said...

Shannon + Pants story?

Unknown said...

Joanna-

Old Bean, another Comics Curmudgeon reader, did a strip slay that took the actual strips and added changed dialog or put the dialogs out of order whatnot for the For Better Or Worse story that started http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/002497.php there. His/her story had a much more cynical version of what it would be like if that really happened, with the victorious ending only happening because Shannon fell off of the chair and hit her head, and dreamed it all, and had continual references to people saying she had nice pants. http://community.livejournal.com/binky_betsy/259163.html?thread=19870811#t19870811 That's how it got taken down, although maybe this one would be allowed since it isn't hurting any disabled kids' feelings.

InsertMonikerHere said...

Well, if you're still checking, I'm banking on

(1) keeping my head down.

(2) this is my own work - all the drawings are mine.

(3) I'm south of 49, where the there are very strong protections on satire, and fanfic has survived challenges. The situation back home is much murkier.