
OK, so Meredith is doing a Janus impersonation in the last pseudo-panel, but I wanted to catch the moment when April swooped in. I think it works.
UPDATE: Okay, I'm going to try allowing comments, seeing as how even (especially?) when I'm crazy busy, I'm at the computer anyhow, and so should be able to deal with anything getting out of hand. Comments on posts older than 5 days will go to moderation.
12 comments:
This is starting to get more than a little terrifying. It's obvious in hindsight that since Elly wanted the Settlepocalypse to happen so much, Liz's unwillingness to marry a man whose intentions she wasn't sure of would do some damage. Despite what John hopes, the therapy doesn't seem to have helped much. It seems to me that Elly has help not dealing with the sad reality that faces her; help that used to wear a mustache.
This comic is awesome! It's so much more interesting and has more characterization than the last days of FBOFW
Glad to see comments are open. This is a great little slice of life comic, and I'm glad to see them all acting both realistically and in character. On the other hand, this page did spook me. I thought that Elly was going to be vilified, but being a little off really has more story potential...
Wonderful work. I'm really enjoying you take your story new places - thanks!
"...enjoying WATCHING you take your story new places."
Oops. Anyway, you're doing a great job with the characters, and your style works well. Consider this a big cheer for you.
I love how you are making the way FOOB ended better!
I am glad you opened comments; I have long wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this strip. I look forward to each new installment.
I can completely see Elly having a psychotic break over the Settlepocalypse not happening.
esther,
Since it's not a one-off satire (like the amusing Shortpacked! take from a while back), it's going to be a bit more complex than just vilifying one character or another.
But that doesn't mean that Elly hasn't played a large part in getting herself to this point - dreadedcandiru2 and teresa have seen how much Elly got herself wrapped up in having Elizabeth marry Anthony. That was a big bit of the original arc - April wanted to avoid being pressured as she saw Liz being.
And if Elly can't get past that, well, she may never have a life as neatly tied up as the future shown in the "Strip Of Destiny".
I'm glad you made it possible to leave comments - I've always wanted to mention how much I enjoy this comic so far! The kind of immediacy one can sense in pencil drawings (which are great captures of the characters) is a great counterpoint to the new psychological depths. I particularly like the way certain lines have been drawn out from the insulating blanket of a straitjacket that LynnCo ended up staring into the mirror and daily complimenting themselves on. You've got some of the "save April" feeling in there, but more the point, everyone seems to have a conciousness to reflect on the stranger and stranger positions they found themselves in under the old regime. Congrats!
(lynngineering)
PS had to use this old aim-id as my livejournal wasn't being allowed. Hope the comment bugs get worked out.
I love this. I love every strip you've done, as I've been writing Merrie's letters on LJ, and this is perfectly Merrie. More personality than the strip has her, but a real six-year-old who loves her brother and knows there's something wrong.
TY for adding comments, now I can tell you how awesome I think your comic is. You have done such an awesome job of fixing the crapfest that has become FOOB. And I like your drawings better than the actual comic, keep up the great work. My only complaint -- it's not daily -- I'm not good at being patient :-)
And to the one writing Merrie's letters on LJ -- where can I find those?
I really enjoy what you're doing with Foob and thanks for making Liz something she hasn't been in a long time: a likeable character.
Post a Comment