Kids, do not try this at home. And avoid Grave of the Fireflies during stressout times, too. Stick to Totoro, Cardcaptor Sakura and the like :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What REALLY was going on during the insane wedding-o-rama of 2008 July...
AKA an exercise in salvaging the Foobs (start through August 26)
AKA what happens when real life is allowed to intrude on the Foobs
7 comments:
April is clearly unaware of how angsty that particular anime is; her own home life is as nothing to it.
I think she mostly has only seen happy stuff like Totoro and may be aware that some are very violent, so she just figures it's a fun diversion - cartoons, right? ... She's probably still completely ignorant of just how dark some anime stories can be. Good thing Valerie's watching out for her :-)
(I was once in a group that debated which would be the more suicide-inducing: Grave of the Fireflies or NaTHaT while studying for finals :)
I completely agree! I used to watch Card Captor Sakura around exam time and it was so adorable. And Oh! My Goddess and the comedic episodes of Rurouni Kenshin. Now when I go back to school, it'll be Slayers. Carry on in your anime exploration, April!
Mind if I have a bewildered Liz comment on how dopey old Anthony thought GotF and NaThaT were kiddie fare despite her warnings in my next retcon? Y'see, I'm turning her into a closet otaku and need to establish her cred.
No prob. Anime geekdom is for all :)
I can just see it - "but it's about this *princess* Mononoke and her magic *dogs*, how was I to know it was full of bloody battles??"
I don't buy it for Liz myself, but then Foob's Paradise is going in quite a different direction with her.
Okay....What does NoThaT stand for?
I know SOME anime, having watched almost all of Kenshin and Saber Marionette, but other than those 2 and random episodes from other series, I am clueless.
I do wanna watch some of the other stuff, but I have no clue as to where to find it around where I live.
Of course, that would require time without a 3 year old and 7 year old around >.>
I was just abbreviating the title used in the strip: Now and Then, Here and There = NaTHat. (It's a very dark series.)
Post a Comment